Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Roll Your Own

Now that got your attention didn't it. But really, I mean pizza rolls. And really really, I don't actually roll them. Today's blog then, is lighter fair.. literally and figuratively.

As a health educator I am focused on providing people with skills and knowledge so a change can occur in beliefs, attitudes and actions.

Today I empower you, especially parents, to provide a healthy alternative to a very popular kid snack, the pizza roll or pizza bite. If you make my pizza wontons and substitute them for the same serving size (85g) of Totino's Pizza Rolls, your children will get:

55 less calories (175 mine 230 Totino's)

10 less grams of fat (about .5g mine and 11g Totino's)

135 mg less sodium (405 mg sodium mine and 540 mg Totino's)



It isn't hard and a video recipe for the sauce and the rolls is below. Enjoy.







No comments: