Friday, August 7, 2009

Role Models

During my travels this week, I was able to use a fitness facility associated with my hotel , but also with the community.

One morning I was in the change room while a conversation between two members was taking place. Based on their vocabulary, mannerisms and a bit of “work” they had done on their faces, I imagined the women to have a bit of a privileged life. ( and oh were I to have the same!)

The women were over 70, how much so I am not sure, as I said, they’d had some work done. They were dressing for aerobic classes. One was taking Zumba dance that morning and tap class that evening. As she was getting ready I noticed her agility, balance and flexibility. Also, the women were engaged, happy and healthy. Role models for certain.

My take home message is that exercise is the best investment plan for your retirement.

PS this fitness center deserves Kudos also for having hand pumps with little “serving” cups for body lotion, mouth wash AND spf 15 sun screen.. as they had tennis courts as well. Very health promoting!

No comments: