Monday, August 17, 2009

TV Chefs Gain Weight

Over the weekend, my cousin and mother were talking about Julia Childs and then TV chef’s in general. My older cousin said that the chef’s that she had been watching over the years had gotten “so fat.” My mom and cousin then talked about all the butter the TV cooks used and that sort of thing.

My recent entry into Internet cooking shows, via my You Tube channel, offers a change of pace. I am not getting fatter nor will you if you adopt some basic principles with regard to food. They are;

Choose low calorie high nutrient foods at the store
Cook them without adding non nutritive high calorie oils, fats, butters and sauces
Order foods at restaurants which are cooked without the above

I trend this way as my baseline, bottom line and over the line, in other words, I do not stray from this method. That works best for me, on occasion however, higher calorie sauces may be your choice and if you look at your WHOLE day, you can do that without harm by adjusting another meal – NOT skipping the meal, adjusting it.

Unfortunately, many people who would benefit from the video cooking lessons and this blog, do not have access. Until such time that I can package this up and bring it to a local level; schools, employers, community centers and churches, I hope that you will spread the word for me.

Food does not have to be cooked in fat and butter or fried at all. Check out the many examples on my YouTube channel for simmer frying and Volumetrics.

http://www.youtube.com/user/deerunstoo

No comments: