Saturday, April 17, 2010

YUMMY !!

Let me share three new products with you - though one of them may just be new to me, the other two really are new.

First, a vegetarian protein option - a new "burger" from Morning Star, found in the frozen food section - often near the waffles. This one is called Grillers California Turk'y and has 90 calories, 5 grams of PUFA (good fat) and 9 g of protein. It is a pattie that actually tastes good without any embellishment. I had mine along side roasted green beans and cauliflower - just a few minutes ago. You can check this product out on line here.

The next two items are snacks.

The first is called Pirate's Booty and it is a popcorn product that is very low in calories and nonetheless, quite flavorful. I had a little package in a race packet recently. I have tried the cheddar and pizza flavors. You can buy the individual bags which have 130 calories or so each - or buy the bigger bag for less money and then measure our the exact calories YOU want. These snacks are NOT at Wal-Mart and can be hard to find, but the website can direct you. You may have to give the page a few minutes to load.

This last one I only tried yesterday. I was delighted. In fact it is basically a potato chip - I have not had any of those since those Olestra ones - the kind that give everybody gas if they eat any amount at all. Good news guys, none of that fake stuff is in these Popchips. They have the same type of calorie content as the above snack. Buy a large bag and measure out the serving size that is best for you. They can be found at Target stores.

Now with any of this stuff - they are only calorie controlled if you control yourself!

The first product I discovered in the grocery aisle, the second, because of a race and a third from a web news story about the CEO. I think you might be surprised by how good all three of them are.

No comments: