Friday, April 15, 2011

No Interpretations Needed

I am going to link to two stories tonight because they are both spot on things that I believe and have written about and would write about again.  There is no need for me to regurgitate, or qualify them -


The first regards the rationale behind a sugar tax - though I have written about soda taxes, I am just as comfortable with this approach and will be passing this article around the community obesity coalition that I am a part of in Greensboro NC.


The second is another expert's advice to adopt the Mediterranean style diet - and by diet I mean foods that you eat every day - foods that fill your plate, not a plan that you employ for weight loss.  I eat a plant based diet that is Volumetrics based....


PS  - I have just read about terrible storms in the south with many lives lost.  The weather system is moving east through ALA, GA, parts of Fl, SC and NC even to VA by tomorrow - my heart is saddened by the losses and I hope that the advance warning will protect those in the path of these storms.  Apparently, the devastation is related to a phenomena called straight line wind, which comes out of a thunderstorm as opposed to the circular winds from  tornados - which are also a part of this system.  Be safe.

No comments: