Friday, January 21, 2011

Exercise Recommendation

I became a subscriber and relative fan of Netflix more out of frustration and desperation than choice.  Those of you who were reading the blog in August and September of 2010 might remember the problems I had with TWC television

Letting go of broadcast services was scary but I tried the free 3 month trial with Netflix and then the approx 10 a month service and now I have the just under 8 dollar a month plan which includes unlimited video/shows that they have on line (no DVDs by mail).

I do not watch a lot of TV, and many shows are available free on the Internet without a subscription service.  You do have to wait sometimes and apparently sometimes is forever when it is a show like Criminal Minds.

This really is about exercise though.  It seems that several events led to this place and that was the first - I lost my cable TV.

Then I lost my gym membership because I moved and the school rec center which I absolutely use, caters its classes to the young - step aerobics at 8PM !!

Then I had a little injury and needed to cross train - then it snowed, and it gets cold as hell from time to time...

Hence I discovered exercise videos on Netflix.  All types.  I have been doing mostly the core work - pilates and yoga.

I may be sitting at my desk doing research and then just click on the Netflix and do a workout.  A couple of them are 10 minute routines that equal 50 or so minutes.  You do not have to do all 5 sections but after you do one, it is easy to do another - You can do ANYTHING for ten minutes and poof - there goes an hour.

Have an urge to eat when you really don't need to be eating, do a ten or twenty minute video!  Not comfortable going to a gym yet?  Try out a video.  Want to learn how to use free weights, kickbox, yoga?  Just hit play.

Can't afford 40 dollars a month for the fitness center - how about 8 dollars and you can work out in pajamas? 

The programs I tend to like the most are led by either Lara Hudson or Ellen Barrett.  Some of the options are terrible - if you can't find a good one, drop me an email and I will make a recommendation.

No comments: