Thursday, March 17, 2011

Is Subway a Breakfast Destination?

Okay - that title should really say - "should" Subway be a destination.  That is what I wondered when the weather channel imposed an ad for the "build a better breakfast" on me the other day. 
As an ever curious health educator, I was tempted by the advertisement. I had every expectation of reporting that you should in fact, NOT build your breakfast at Subway - but as long as you don't add any caloric beverage or side (potato) to your meal - i.e. as long as you don't really build a breakfast - you would be fine.

The breakfast sandwiches that they offer have anywhere from 160 to 490 calories.  Individual meal calories matter only in that they add up to your total.  IF you like to eat often - who doesn't?- then you can try my strategy and choose the low numbers and repeat often :)  For instance, I eat about eight times a day.  I am eating right now...

No comments: