Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Longer not Necessarily Better

Wow - busy thought day  - but it isn't Sunday so I am only going with this last one that occurred to me.

In reviewing the day's headlines, I noticed that our life expectancy had inched up - really - the number usually only changes by tenths - for example - 78.1 years to 78.3.
  The headline also said, death rate down.

It was that part that led me to tonight's post.  Just because we are not dying at the rate we were before does not mean, by any stretch, that we are living better.  In fact, we have become very good at keeping people from death - but not so good at keeping them from morbidity (disease).  That, I'm afraid, has more to do with the fact that we do not take good care of OURSELVES.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO at your title... I thought this was going to be a SUPER FUN post!!!
-Jess

deedeeski said...

OMG Why didn't I think of that :) Too funny indeed and I am thinking the same thought - it ISN'T better - ha ha

Edna asked after you recently and I told her you used to keep touch - so now you owe me a real email :)