Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Days of Being Thankful

One of the things that I am most grateful for is the opportunity to pursue a terminal degree - I know that sounds funny, but it means the highest academic degree in a certain field.  
It is this chance to earn a doctorate in public health that keeps me away from family this Thanksgiving weekend.  
I have a lot of work to do and I will not be lonely or bored but I will be melancholy and miss being with those that I love so much.
 It also has occurred to me that most people who read my blog on a regular basis, surely more than half, are living in the US and will be traveling to be with family or entertaining family in their homes.  

That being said, I should probably take a few days off from blogging - not as much to save time as to save ideas.  I think that blog reading is not on many agendas for the rest of this week.  I might as well save my thoughts for when people will read them.  I do need to get some YouTube videos made and finish my final projects for this semester, in the meantime.  And this may come as a shocker, but I am going to miss my second day of swimming this week.  Never saw that coming!


I will leave you with one more article related to the school lunch SCANDAL.  This article is from the Harvard School of Public Health.


(enjoy your feasting and don't make your belly hurt by eating too much - remember it's bad for the heart to super, over indulge - and I mean it is bad at the moment -acutely- makes it work too hard)

No comments: