Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Wisdom of Youth

My plan to tell you about a cool website that I found has been derailed.
I was reviewing some feedback from my students and two comments are just too important and insightful to go unshared.

We watched a film last week (or parts of one) that showed footage from the "sexual revolution."  It discussed sex and objectification of women among other things. These two comments refer to different things.  The second comment was made by several students in similar fashion.  These are college aged adults.

1) beauty is not earned (this may be one of the most profound statements I have ever heard)
2) sex doesn't always result in disease or children - sometimes it just feels really great and leads to  an orgasm.
(note that the people who said this also gave foot notes about using protection and contraception - because they are smart!)

I am really going to miss teaching next semester.

No comments: