Friday, June 3, 2011

Calcium for Your Bones, in your Greens

My brain is overflowing with the history of front of pack labeling and such - and though there seems a good deal to tell you about, I can not bring myself to talk about it after reading and writing about it for the last two days.

Instead, I received my Harvard Nutrition Source Newsletter today and it covers something that I firmly believe and that matters to most all of us. 

 Calcium is necessary for strong bones and dairy products may be good sources of it but they are also high in saturated fat (unless you choose otherwise, as I do) and they are not the ONLY sources of calcium. 

The newsletter mentions the vegetable sources and also supplements.  The only two supplements I take are noted in this newsletter. 

Have a look!

No comments: