Thursday, June 9, 2011

Distracted Cycling

I pretty much lost sleep worrying about how I could ride my bicycle to campus in the morning (to go to the gym for weight training day) and then go straight to my meeting with "helmet data" professor.  I wanted us to make headway with our manuscript and had continued to work on our data table since we had met on Tuesday. 

I usually do ride my bicycle to campus.  I especially try to do so Monday and Thursday as my "exercise" before weight lifting.  What would make this day different was bringing my lap top with me.

I was fretting over how to bring my papers and breakfast and what nots AND the computer - all in my bicycle basket.  My fear was having a crash.  Not that I am still nervous about riding, I was worried because my laptop cost nearly a thousand dollars!   Finally, I decided that I would use two bags or knapsacks and in one I would have ONLY the laptop.  That one I would carry  on my back.

So off I went on my hilly ride to campus.  Now I know you are remembering last year and thinking that I was fiddling around (distracted) and crashed or toppled again - but alas, I am not the distracted cyclist referred to in this title.

Nope.  The reference is to that "meanie" boy who went "flying" by me (the old lady on the bicycle with a basket) UP a hill, while he was talking on his cell phone (riding one handed) and NOT wearing a helmet.

SIGH - all went well with me however and we are moving along with that paper. 

No comments: