Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rollerblade - Really??

For the semi regular "really?" segment, I offer you this evidence of stupidity.

As I was running (in Florida) the other morning, I came across a woman who was rollerblading.  She was on a road, not a street, a road with a double yellow line down the center.  She was in the bicycle lane.

She was going with the flow of traffic and thus coming AT me - running in the bicycling lane (which of course, is NOT stupid :).  She may have had on knee pads, but no protective gear for her head.  AND.... wait for it......
................................................................
....................................she was talking on a cell phone.

As she and I passed, I said in my head, no, I said it out loud, "going the wrong way AND talking on the phone?!?...you're an idiot."  But a few feet later I realized, that technically she and I were both on the right side of the road because she was on wheels.
My Dad always said, (so it must be true)-
  • if you are on your feet (face the traffic - i.e. walking and running)
  • if you are on wheels (i.e a bicycle) go with the flow of traffic.  
He might have added,
  • if you are stupid, you should have good life insurance.

No comments: