Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pictures Speak Volumes of Volume

I owe my friend and blog reader Jessica a big thank you for tonight's post and picture.  She sent this to me today and I was giddy with excitement.  It is a perfect example of what I am trying to promote - getting more food per calorie - nutrient density over caloric density or Low Energy Density - LED.
Three things to say about the photo.
1) The stomach on the right is full of veggies that have NOT been cooked in oil, fat or butter.
2) A person who has had WLS (weight loss surgery - like gastric bypass/stapling/banding) cannot choose to eat like stomach 3 but CAN eat similar to stomach one, on the left.  I find this to be a fundamental problem with the procedure because WLS in  NO way forces a person to cut calories.  It only prevents them from eating a lot of volume at one time.
3) I just posted a new volumetrics dinner example to my You Tube channel tonight.

Without further Ado - Let The Stomachs Speak for Themselves... 

No comments: