Sunday, September 26, 2010

Odds and Ends

I think that the best I can do for the odds and ends this week (because I am too stubborn to admit that I just can't do them), is to share a few websites or links that I came across this week during my research review. All I have time for it seems, is research reviews - and hey, that is why I am here! :) [ okay - I did go to a dance workshop on Sat and Sun - but I studied during the lunch breaks!]

First an article by my favorite expert - i.e. legitimate source of health information - I haven't even read this yet, but it is on my list. It is titled, What Should We Eat?

Here is an article about government's role in the obesity issue.

Ok, this is the website for the Small Step program which is to assist you in doing little things to improve your health. What is great and may not be there when you visit the site is a memo pad for the tip of the day which says, "Don't Skip Meals!" So please - do yourself a favor - eat often, but eat small.

This links to a very startling report from the OECD which predicts that in the year 2020, the USA will have an overweight obese rate at 75%. This report compares countries. Mexico is second only to the USA. This information is the most up to date I have seen.

This last webpage is for the Society for Prevention Research which would appear to be one in which yours truly would find a nice fit. There is a good chance that one of my professors will be allowing me to attend the conference in May of 2011 with his entourage and I am stoked!

No comments: