Monday, September 6, 2010

To Unbreak a Habit

As a colleague (we're grad assistants) and I were leaving a meeting today, I mentioned that I was going to hang out until the pool opened. She said something supportive and admiring about my dedication, as people often do. I explained that my goal is to swim on Tues and Thurs and I fear if I miss one, then I'll miss two - etc.

She laughed and shared something that HAD to go on the blog -

She said she had missed her Yoga class one night and that had been a year ago. Exactly.

Which made me wonder, hence the title, how long does it take us to undo the habits that take three to six months to instill? The answer appears to be - uh, one day!

So I did swim and believe it or not I had the WHOLE pool to myself with two life guards standing watch :)

No comments: