Friday, September 16, 2011

Green Beans

There is so very much to comment on these days - from my course (sexual health), my assistantship (alcohol and other drugs), politics (HPV) and current research - but it will all take too much time.  Talking about green beans is quicker.

Roasted green beans are one of my top three veggies.  I have begun running into the same problem with my green beans as I had last year with strawberries.  The fresh ones are sometimes hard to find, expensive and in poor shape.  Today I gave in and bought a bag of frozen whole green beans. 

I believe the brand was picsweet - but I just chose the one that was on sale.  I was afraid that their being frozen would prevent them from roasting - but my fears were unwarranted.  so YEAH - you can roast frozen green beans - I did not cover them with foil - due to their being moist (from the frozen nature of them).  I seasoned with onion powder and thyme.  I roasted/baked them long enough to be the consistency that I like.

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I prefer all my veggies roasted and love how sweet green beans become once roasted. While I have roasted frozen brussel sprouts (I defrost and cut them in half)I have not tried the whole frozen beans. I will give that a go.


BTW--I'm still reading your blog, watching your videos--love those--just not taking the time to comment. Thanks for all you share and do--we who read your blog appreciate it.

deedeeski said...

Thank you so much! I have not bought the frozen Brussells - hmmm. I appreciate your reading so very much and your comments as well. I just found this one in my spam box - silly Yahoo....
~Deirdre