Monday, September 19, 2011

Water and Boxes

I saw another of the recycling bins on my campus today.  This one is in the lobby of the rec center - a place I go more often and I took a picture.



I also saw something in the news  last week about water refilling stations on college campuses.  In the story that I read, it was noted that some universities were even banning the sale of bottled water.  The point of such measures is to reduce use of plastic and I would add, to save money.  I posted the story about these water refilling stations on my school's facebook page with a comment that someone should make this happen at UNCG.  Believe it or not, an administration official commented back that they would look into it!  Very cool.  A professor friend of mine also commented on that same facebook page to let us know that they had the filling stations at his university (VCU).  Here is the article that caught my attention.  However, if you google the subject you will find many more.
Nice stuff.

No comments: