Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rising Health Premiums


I am trying to blog from a website so let us see if it works. I do not have the features I am used to - my font preferences etc. (Oh but at the end it did let me save my post as a draft and I came back to my space and TADA I can make it bigger, etc - my Aunt Cissy likes the large font and I like her - so I oblige!)

I am blogging to share the above link with you because it contains a transcript (written conversation) and an audio recording of a show which aired this afternoon. On this show experts discussed health insurance and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Also, people were able to call in to the show and ask questions. Many times people called about a fear they had - something they had "heard" or "read" on the Internet for example. The experts were able to distinguish between the truths and the myths.

Many people of all ages are confused about this law and mistakenly think that they will get LESS care or the cared they receive will cost MORE - usually this is wrong. For example, many services that were once considered treatments are now considered prevention and are FREE of charge.

The link at the very top of this post should take you to the show website and I hope that you trust me enough - someone whose area of expertise IS Public Health - to know that I am sharing with you what I consider to be a trustworthy panel of experts.

Another link that you may wish to explore, explains some of the preventive programs and also answer additional questions you may have about Health Care Reform and the abbreviated, Affordable Care Act.

Please be a critical thinker (think for yourself) and look for the truth.

~ Deirdre

No comments: