Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Be Careful with your Everythings

We are told that balance keeps us healthy and that we need to keep a certain mix of things in our lives to be complete.

I think that we have to be careful when we let a person, thing or activity become EVERYTHING to us - for me it used to be running. I had to learn not to let it be the ONLY thing that gave me an endorphin rush or calmed me down - because what if I couldn't run?

When I was young - less mature - or less learned - I might have let people be my everything. A lot of us at any age do that. "I LOVE her - if she leaves me I will die" - etc.

It can be a person, a job, a child, school or a sport but if you make it everything (your very essence of being) and you lose it - for whatever reason, it will devastate you.

All of these can have the highest degree of importance in your life and other things can be second to them but you also have to be able to live without them, should you ever be forced to,

No comments: