Monday, October 25, 2010

The Flour Isn't the Issue

Oh my readers - I wish you could have been in the room with me this morning. The room being the elementary school cafeteria. It was a small group meeting and we were discussing the lunch offerings.(I have begun my GoSlowWhoa quest.) The cafeteria manager was telling us (me, health department, school principal) about some changes that had happened so that the kids were getting healthier breakfasts. She said that "the honey buns were now whole wheat." Before you could say, "filter yourself," I said, "It's STILL a honeybun." On a positive note, the principal said to get rid of the honeybuns.

The manager also talked about the whitewheat bread that replaced the white bread. Guess kids aren't ready for the whole whole grains.

On another positive note, all the milk is skim or 1%.

No comments: