Friday, August 5, 2011

Pressure

For the second time in a month, my low tire pressure light came on.  I went to GoodYear and had air put in the tires.  Tomorrow I will get them rotated - because it has been a year (I hardly drive at all these days:)

I asked the mechanic/technician if he'd noticed anything wrong with my tires - since this had happened not long ago.  It also happened in the past winter.  He said that there did not seem to be a problem.  He had not seen any evidence of a puncture etc.  He told me that this often happens when the temperature changes or weather changes.


Indeed - we had a break from the east coast heat wave today and mostly is was just a big cloudy, heavy, damp, oppressive day - with a ten degree change in temperature.  There was no sun at all.


On days like today - where ever I live - I often feel out of sorts, and "heavy, damp and oppressed!"  I also blame those moody days on the weather.  Today when the technician noted that the air pressure in the tires can change with the weather, I thought of the delicate balance of our body.  The minerals, electrolytes and many metabolic and neurological interactions that occur are sensitive to the environment (internal and external).  


Just as some tire sensors react to subtle shifts more readily than others, so do some people.  I am one of the atmospherically sensitive people.  In other words - I NEED sun :)  Or need less drastic shifts - full on 99 degree sun to 85 degrees no sun at all - too much difference.  Like the floor dropping out on the elevator!

1 comment:

Slot Machines said...

According to my view pressure is defined as force per unit area. It is usually more convenient to use pressure rather than force to describe the influences upon fluid behavior.