Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stop Dying!?

To resolve the issue of what to do with our dead - we must stop dying.  I suppose that isn't going to happen anytime soon and if it did, then we'd have to stop being born - or we'd run out of space.  Still run out of space we might, for the burying of our dead and because we bury our dead- or specifically,  burying of our dead in cemeteries with head stones and such.
  I do not want to think of my death in any detail at all, but I have thought that cremation would be my final act.  Less muss, fuss, taking up space etc.  Truly the whole conversation wigs me out.

And now I hear that burning bodies are bad for the environment TOO.  We put chemicals and metals in our bodies which are released into the air - at least during traditional cremation procedures.

There is something called eco cremation that strives to decontaminate before incinerating - or something like that.  

Perhaps we should consider just letting our bodies go straight into the ground and then building and growing over and around them.  OR
We could just stop dying - if death is going to lead to climate change we really must avoid it :)

No comments: