Saturday, July 23, 2011

Exercise Goal follow up

Today is Saturday - the day of the week that I committed to an hour walk with my friend.  As we were walking, I told her about my weekly exercise routine and asked what she did on her other days.

As I feared, she said, "this is it."  Oh no!

She said that she had been thinking about getting up earlier and doing something before work.  Of course, I asked when she would start this and what she might do.

As we talked it out - I actually encouraged her to start smaller than she had said - 15 minutes instead of 30.  So she is going to start Monday by getting up 15 minutes sooner and doing 15 minutes on her tread climber before she goes to work.  YEAH!

PS, I also suggested that she start getting up earlier before she tried going to bed earlier.  That way, when she began the earlier to bed piece, she would actually be tired and ready to sleep.  (yes?)

No comments: