Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hot Dogs and Oxymorons

It is hard to point out faults or contradictions when people are doing their best and have a noble cause.  But I write a blog and some things people say or do are blog worthy...

So the first - at a planning meeting for a gathering where mini health screenings will take place refreshments were being discussed.   Hot dogs will be served.  In addressing this, the person who will be conducting the health screens explained that all the buns could not be whole wheat.  In fact, she said, some of the buns were to be whole grain and others white.  The person put great effort into explaining this issue.  I sat quietly, as this was not my show, and thought to myself "It really doesn't matter what you put it in, it is a HOT DOG!"

I am conflicted about the second part of this post because I really wouldn't want someone to read it and know I was talking about them.  Suffice it to say, calling yourself one of the "healthy obese" is using an oxymoron.  The two conditions are mutually exclusive (they cannot occur at the same time).  I know I alot of people will argue this fact, but arthritis (or wear and tear of our joints and discs) is caused by only a few things and being overweight is one of them.  

No comments: