Saturday, July 9, 2011

NLST

This post from November of 2010 discusses the National Lung Cancer Sreening Trial (NLST).  It was a study that enrolled a large group of smokers and former smokers.  It split them into two groups by random assignment.  Some of the smokers were given low dose CT and others Xrays.  You may recall that I am not fond of using either as a screening method, but the CT has substantially more radiation than the x ray.

Preliminary reports had just came out when I wrote the November post and the final results have now been published.  I have been reading about them and getting my notes together so that I can share some things with you.  I don't feel quite prepared to do it tonight, and I am sort of on vacation... so just to let you know - I am working on this.

Tomorrow I may also skip the O&E post as it is my Mom's Bday and I am going to take her out to hear music at the beach - over beers.  All 83 year old Mom's should have beer on their bday - unless of course they want hard liquor :)

No comments: