Monday, July 25, 2011

Two A Days

Perhaps you were not familiar with the term two a days before the NFL strike of 2011, but one of the concessions that the owners made to the players was that they would not have to participate in any more two a days.
I am a huge fan of two a days, sometime I call them splits - but that is really a different sports term altogether.  The reason I used the term was to explain that I was splitting my workout into two parts, a morning and an evening session.

Somewhere in the growing "past blog" files, is one where I tried to impress upon everyone the rationale for working out twice in one day.  I said something like, "it feels so good why wouldn't you want to do it twice!"

However, I four mile run twice a day, or a run in the morning and a bicycle ride in the evening are far less taxing than two football workouts.  I think that the players were right to ask for the end of two a days.  Hearing about it however, made me miss the ones I used to do.

No comments: