Saturday, August 21, 2010

Healthy Feels Good

Busy day today - drove about 35 minutes to the old par course I used to run on weekly. The park is very nice and has many memory trees and benches. One of the trees, a dogwood, is a memory tree for my dad. It was nice to see it. I had a nice time there. I also wasted a lot of time today while going from store to store trying to find my Waldon Farms products. I get irritated when I waste time. It seems that several stores have the products, but they don't all have the same things and I have yet to find my pancake syrup and chocolate dip. I may have to ask my mom for a care package. I also rode my bike to campus and worked out with weights. In the free weight room is was me and boys - no girls in there, but I kept my chin up. I also went to the library and read some. That was cool - oh and I spent maybe 20 minutes in the arboretum eating my snack and reading a NOVEL. While I was at the library my friend Beth texted me to ask about a recipe. She asked because I would often bring food to work, we worked together, and of course, I have the You Tube channel that has many of my recipes or cooking ideas. Anyways, it was good to hear from her. We were colleagues for almost three years and she left just before I did. She is going to pursue a Master's degree and has returned home to Montana.

Anyway, Beth has become more healthy over the years and is now working on role modeling a health promoting lifestyle with her friends. YAY! Today she told me that everyone loves the saying, "nothing tastes as good as healthy feels." Well, she reworded my saying actually and I feel kind of bad taking credit for that one, though to be sure, I inspired it, Beth said it better. What my saying had always been is , "nothing tastes as good as being fat feels bad."

But Beth's phrase made me think to tell you about my dinner, which I just had and found to be delicious. It was an impromptu meal. I roasted some Brussels sprouts, enough for several side dishes. I roasted them with red pepper flakes and onion powder. I heated a Quorn naked cutlet in the toaster oven. I seasoned it with curry powder. I had some spaghetti squash left over but not enough for a side dish by itself, SO - I simmerfried a carrot and mushrooms with garlic powder (remember simmer fry is adding bits of water to sizzle up the food) and when those veggies were done I added the bit of spaghetti squash I had and a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese, turning off the heat at that point. I served this with a small strawberry fruit cup. It was delicious and had less than 200 calories. SO I get good food, filling food, AND my desired weight. I highly recommend this type of cooking/eating.

Now back to that novel before my novel days take a hiatus.

No comments: