Sunday, August 29, 2010

Odds and Ends

New category - Problem of the Day - my printer won't work anymore and it won't even uninstall - sigh sigh

I kept a little list this week of things to say in the O&E however, I wrote down one word and no notes, so ha ha - I don't know what I was thinking....

Zestra- I remember seeing the commercial on TV for this product that is supposed to increase sexual arousal in women. It is some type of gel that I think is applied to the female genitalia that makes a woman all atingle. I wrote it down because it just amazes me to see these ads, male or female, for such an intimate part of a person's life.

CDC/HIV - This has to do with a project for which one of my professors has received funding. It is to reduce HIV in high risk individuals and I was intrigued by the definition of high risk. If I remember correctly it was someone who had unprotected sex two or three times in the last thirty days, who was not an IV drug user, and who never had sex with men. The professor made a good point about the thirty day issue. It could be that the person does regularly engage in unprotected sex but hadn't gotten "lucky" lately.

Old Friends - Not only am I able to tap into my old workout and dance buddy network, but since I have Time Warner Cable I am back on with FitTV and can do my abdominal work with Gilad again, which makes me smile.

Falls and the Elderly - I read a headline about falls in the elderly that stated an increase in actual falls based on the persons fear of falling. Even though this was a study in the over 65 population I imagine it would apply to all ages. I can say for certain that it applies to me. And thus, the reverse must be true. I am testing that out now. I made it through this week without falling off my bike and I did come close one time. However, I am telling myself, I am NOT going to fall. :)

COPD - Oh me oh my, Dog the Bounty Hunter, haven't you been reading my blog? Last night a man - one of the fugitives - told Beth and Dog that he had COPD. Dog asked what that was, cancer or something? and the man said, not it is - okay, I think the guy said, "Cardio obstructive pulmonary disease" but maybe he said chronic. So Dog asked, "What's that from, the alcohol?" The man said, "no - smoking." Now all three of them were smoking during this conversation and Beth said, "Let me tell you something. My dad was an alcoholic and that is what he died from." Now how many ways can a person DENY that smoking is bad for them - shame.

Condoms - Ah - as I was running this morning at Salem Lake, where two buses from High Point University were parked, I meant a group of young men coming around a corner and one was talking. I only caught a fragment, but something like, "condoms, better be glad he was wearing one." Well, I am glad! Yay safe sex :)

1 comment:

Flat Abs said...

The things which are sad by them are very great. As this is the truth which they re saying. I really appreciate that.